Consider a system such as shown in thefollowing schematic. This is a basic or most common system where pumps are used for fluid transportation.
This page provides a basic calculation tool for sizing of pumps for a system such asgiven in the schematic.
For the schematic givenabove,
Tutorials and references
- Tutorial for using the pump sizing calculator
- Net positive suction head - NPSH definition
- Difference between NPSHr (required) and NPSHa (available)
- Here is an NPSH calculation tutorial that makes extensive use of the EnggCyclopedia calculators for quick calculations.
- Pipe pressure drop calculation tutorial